Saturday, October 20, 2007

Fall in Wisconsin

I've done very little knitting over the past three weeks... I just haven't had it in me. I did make this hat, it is the Foliage pattern from the most recent Knitty.com. It took me two nights of watching The Office reruns to finish it - and I love it. Even Frazier likes it.
On Saturday there was an owl festival at a local nature center that we went to. It was mostly for the kids, but they had a saw-whet owl that they released and they also had a barn owl there. I, of course, thought it was pretty interesting. I learned a new thing about owls - their ears are not across from each other on their head like ours are. One is up higher than the other, and that way they can hear better. That is why you sometimes see owls bobbing their heads up and down - so they can catch all the sounds! Anyway...











It was such a gorgeous fall day so my mom & I took Frazier out to our nearby state park for a swim (Frazier) and a stroll (the rest of us). The colors are really pretty right now, and they were having trick-or-treating at the park. All of the people camping decorate their campsites for Halloween and then the kids go out in their costumes... it made me wish I was a kid again. It looked like so much fun!






1 comment:

Molly said...

You're cute. I really like that hat!