Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine


Pattern: Helleborous
Yarn: Ornaghi Filati Superkid
Needle: US 9
Start: February 4, 2009
Finish: February 12, 2009
I had to interrupt my sweater knitting to do some gift knitting. I decided at the last minute to knit a scarf for my friend Heidi for Valentine's Day. I had this yarn on hand and it worked perfectly with the pattern. I held it double and about half way I thought I was going to run out of yarn before it was long enough, but I just kept knitting and ended up with a scarf that was about 60 inches long. If I would have had time to block it, I could have probably gotten another couple inches, but I didn't have time. It turned out great and looked beautiful. I really hope she likes it as much as I do! I love mohair - its so soft and so warm, despite all the holes. I have another mohair project on my mind.

I hope ya'll had a nice Valentine's Day... Alex and I decided last minute (I was looking for an excuse to take my new car on a little road trip) to go up to Pagosa Springs for a night to sit in the hot springs and relax. It was snowing and really nice, but COLD! I persuaded Alex to go cross country skiing - he had never done it before. He has been downhill skiing since he was 4 years old, but had an accident last season and tore his ACL, so he hasn't gone since then. He said cross-country skiing was like 'driving a ferrari all your life and then being demoted to a golf cart'. So, um, I guess he wasn't sold it. I think next time we're gonna try snowshoeing instead.




1 comment:

Michelle said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Too bad he didn't like cross-country though, he's missing out :)
So you replaced your car then? What did you get?