Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Challenge

I have decided to take on a challenge: Knitting 12 Sweaters in 12 Months. There is a knit-a-long going on for this purpose and I have decided to join. I know that is a ridiculous amount of knitting, and generally I don't like to have deadlines or even goals when it comes to knitting, but I think it will be fun and it will be a challenge.

My rules are this:
  • Twelve sweaters finished in 2009 - it doesn't matter when they were started
  • Any adult garment is considered a sweater - this inculdes tank tops, vests, and traditional sweaters
  • All garments must be finished and wearable by December 31, 2009

In 2007, I completed 6 adult garments: 3 tank tops, 1 shrug, and 2 sweaters... ...so I will have to double my efforts in 2009. However, I already have 3 sweaters and a vest on the needles. I am hoping to have my first sweater of the year finished this week - I just have one sleeve left to do. And I have yarn and plans for 3 other tops: a vest, a tank top, and a cardigan. So, if (when) I finish those, I will have 7 projects completed and I will have almost cleaned out my yarn stash, which has been a goal for over a year now! The only problem I forsee is that I have other projects I also want to work on - I know I won't be able to work on sweaters exclusively... my attention just won't last.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds ambitious, but fun! Good luck! :)

Jamie said...

good luck on the awsome projects...I've been offline for a week with crappy internet problems.....I'm working on mittens and socks. I'll post soon.