Monday, March 23, 2009





Pattern: Incredible Custom-Fit Raglan
Yarn: Knit Picks Shine Sport (gray and green)
Reynolds Saucy Sport (purple)
Needle: US 5
Start: January 21, 2009
Finish:
March 19, 2009

Its finally finished! This seemed to really drag on there at the end... I just wanted to be done. But I finished it up last week and I love how it looks and how it fits. The yarn is so soft and comfortable, and its not too warm to wear at my scorching-hot office. I really liked the top-down approach and the calculator/pattern I used came out perfectly. I definatley will be making more sweaters using this method. My only problem is that I got so antsy there at the end I basically made everything too short and then I had to pick out the bind of edge and make both the body and the first sleeve longer. This should have been entirely avoidable because it is knit from the top and I could have tried it on to make sure it fit, but I was impatient and I went ahead and bound off without trying it on... and it was too short. Originally I was going to leave the bottom edge with no ribbing so that it would curl, but I didn't really like how that looked so I decided to do the narrow band of ribbing instead.
The pictures were taken in my new apartment... so you get a sneak peak!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

That turned out great - very cute!

Jamie said...

sweet sweater.....looks like little stitches! great job & cute apt!