Saturday, March 14, 2009

Crochet Love

I have not finished my second sweater. I only have about a half a sleeve left and all I can think about it crochet. Yes, crochet. I'm completely obsessed with crochet. I don't know why or where it came from. Well, maybe I do - there are so many colorful crochet projects out there. I had to get in on some of that color. So I've been crocheting with no particular project in mind. Just making things... its actually really fun. I've known a little about crocheting for a couple years now, but I'd really not done much more than a straight line. As I started playing with the yarn and hook, with my crochet book nearby, I realized that crochet is really intuitive. I know three basic stitches and with those I could play around and figure out how to make different shapes. I figured out how to make these flowers just by looking at a photograph of some flowers! I was pretty impressed with myself!
And I've made this thing, I'm not sure what it is or what I will use it for... but it was fun to make! I think I want to make one of those lovely hexagon blankets with reds and oranges and yellows.

No comments: