Friday, December 12, 2008

Glittens


Pattern: Minnesota Mittens from Folk Mittens
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden
Needles: US 2
Start: November 11, 2008
Finish: December 11, 2008
I really have not been doing much knitting lately. About a month ago I cut my little finger on my right hand, right on the back of my nuckle. I cut it with a piece of glass and it was a pretty bad cut. I use my little finger to 'grip' the needle, and although it has healed, it hurts when I knit. These mittens are knit with worsted weight wool on size 2 needles, so they are REALLY tight, which made it even worse.
But, I think it was worth it. These mittens are awesome. They are super warm since they are knit so tightly, I love the colors, and they are really nice for riding my bike to the bus stop at 6 in the morning!
They are definatly a winner and I'm even thinking of making another pair for a Christmas gift... except there's less than 2 weeks until Christmas!!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Those are coolest mittens, the colors are awesome! Hope your finger is feeling better :)

Jamie said...

Beautiful mittens.....hope your paw is all healed.