Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Busy Bee

The thesis is turned in.
The job has been accepted.
The move is in the works.
My mind is spinning.
But that doesn't mean I have put creative endevors aside...
This weekend I painted a couple pieces of furniture that have been sitting around for quite some time:



Here is a before picture of the record stand, but I don't have a before of the bench/table. I am so happy with how both of these turned out. I love 'em! I have a couple chairs to paint as well, but I don't think I'll get to that until I move. I also bought this chair at the thrift store a while back and I am going to try to recover it. I've been doing some research online about reapholstery and I think I can do it! I've been doing lots of thrift shopping lately... I really love finding neat old things. I have posted some of my treasures on flickr, if you're interested at all. The doilies and the scarf on the tables were all thrifted recently.



I found instructions for freezer paper stencils and decided to give it a try. It is so quick and easy. You can find stencils on line, I found mine here, or you can make your own. I got the paint at Michael's. I made the two in the back row for my friend who's having a baby girl and the two in the front row for a co-worker who's having a boy. This is a really quick and easy way to make a personalized baby gift. Me likes.

And last, but definately not least, knitting. I finished my brea bag almost a month ago, and finally put the straps on last week. I was working on making a lining this weekend. Until I broke the needle on my sewing machine in my finger (really hurt) and now I can't figure out how to put a new needle in correctly... and I can't find my instructions/manual for my sewing machine. I know its somewhere.... so, that will have to wait until I have more time. Until then, I am using it without a lining. I love it.

So two weeks from now, I'll be all moved and starting my new job. Crazy.

1 comment:

Molly said...

i really like the bag!