Sunday, October 26, 2008

...I know I'm not the only one knitting.... where are you?

Little Blue Clutch is finished! Remember, from back in January? Of course you do.... Well here it is, finally finished! I really really really like it, except for one thing; my giant wallet doesn't fit in it. Oh well. The pattern for it was from Interweave Knits and here's the ravelry page for it. They called for some sort of shiny string to be knit along with it, but I definitely prefer it without. I also lined it with an old tablecloth that Jill had laying around that matches perfectly. It has giant blue, green, yellow, and red flowers on it. They're my colors.
And.... the Shalom cardigan. It grew about a foot long when I blocked it, and now it goes down to my thighs, so I may have to re-block. I've also got to sew the buttons on yet. I got simple plastic black ones because buttons are outrageously expensive, even at places where they should be cheap (JoAnn Fabrics?)


As for modifications, I obviously turned it from a one-button cardigan into a full-fledged button down cardigan. I thought I'd be ok, but then I haphazardly had to add a bunch of stitches right under the yolk pattern because I realized that the sweater as it was would have trouble stretching around my chest. It makes it a little strange in the armpits, but it's not noticable when I'm wearing it. The pattern was really fast; I finished most of the knitting in less than three weeks. I'd definitely recommend it.


Shalom Cardigan

No comments: